Links may be affiliate links that help support the podcast. Our intro comes from https://www.freesfx.co.uk/.
Who Are We?
Carla M. Lee: An author, artist, and attorney living in the Midwest USA with my partner and ridiculous dog.
Karen Healey: An author and teacher living in Christchurch, New Zealand with my awesome flatmate and an overgrown herb garden.
Robyn Fleming: I write, parent, and sometimes teach martial arts in Tucson, Arizona. My five year old is internet famous for asking whether our country is named after Captain America, which probably tells you everything you need to know about our household.
Topic: What we wish we knew about writing.
- You don’t have to finish everything, you’re allowed to decide something is terrible or you’re not ready yet and move on.
- Conversely, sometimes you will hate it but need to keep going.
- Create a group of writers who will support you and help you – maybe join fandom, worked for us.
- Read everything.
Karen Healey books
Robyn Fleming and Karen Healey books
+ Athens to Aotearoa (contains Karen’s Guardian of the Dead essay)
Ask Your Friendly Neighborhood Bartender
Anonymous: What are your three favorite pieces of media you’ve consumed recently?
- Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
- How to Listen to and Understand Great Music, 3rd Edition
- Nothing Good Can Come From This by Kristi Coulter
- the novels of Laurie Colwin
- Loki: Agent of Asgard
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
- Reality tv baking shows – e.g., Nailed It
- Kendra Elliot books – e.g., A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1) and Hidden (Bone Secrets #1)
- Halestorm – e.g., “I Get Off,” “Love Bites,” and “You Call Me a Bitch Like It’s a Bad Thing”
- “500 Yards” by Henry Galley on NoSleep 10×18 (starts around 22:10)
Find Us Online
Carla: @carlamlee on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram
Karen: @kehealey on Twitter, @karenhealey on Tumblr, and karenandrobyn.com
Robyn: @robyn_writing on Twitter
+ The Nerd Degree, the live quiz panel show podcast on which Karen frequently appears